State weather bureau PAGASA gave warning on January 21 that a number of regions in the country are in for possible flooding brought about by a low pressure area 100 kilometers east off Baler, Aurora.
Moreover, the northeast monsoon and tail end of a frontal system are also responsible for the cold weather and rains along the eastern section of Northern and extreme Northern Luzon.
Thus, residents living along and nearby mountains as well as those near seas and rivers should take pre-cautionary measures. Officials of said areas should also have a full-proof evacuation plan with evacuation centers prepared for use anytime.
Moreover, the following water channels should be monitored closely:
· Cagayan Valley (Cagayan, Isabela, Quirino)
· Central Luzon (Aurora)
· Mimaropa (Mindoro Occidental, Mindoro Oriental, Romblon, Marinduque, Palawan)
· Bicol (Camarines Sur, Camarines Norte, Masbate, Catanduanes, Sorsogon, Albay)
· Central Visayas (Cebu, Bohol, Siquijor, Negros Oriental)
· Eastern Visayas (Samar, Eastern Samar, Northern Samar, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Biliran)
· Zamboanga Peninsula (Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay)
· Caraga (Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Dinagat Islands, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur)