By Ting Mallari
What compelling reasons can make a group of volunteers and parents gather on a very lovely Fall morning, and on a Sunday at that, in Winnipeg?
For one, they all believe that entrepreneurship is a critical skill that must be nurtured at a young age in order for children to thrive in the real world and to prepare them for an unpredictable economy. More importantly they believe that parents and the communities have a shared accountability to raise financially literate and socially responsible children.
With the objective of equipping kids with entrepreneurial mindsets and a set of skills that can be applied to any career, the Christmas Children’s Market was launched on October 20, 2019 at RBC Regent Avenue branch.
The children’s market was inspired by B2BPreneur, a non-profit organization based in Toronto that aspires to build a generation of empowered entrepreneurs with a heart. It offers entrepreneurship events and workshops that foster financial and social responsibility among children so they will be empowered to shape their future and make a positive change in the community.
The Children’s Christmas Market will be held at the Petrus Hall, 2624 Inkster Boulevard on November 23 from 10am to 3pm. This event will give children between 8-17 years old the opportunity to be entrepreneurs for a day by selling their product or service in a marketplace setting.
TO REGISTER AS A CHILD VENDOR, EMAIL: email@example.com
Special thanks to the following:
– Jon Reyes, Member of the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba for Waverly
– Shannie Santo-Domingo (Financial Advisor) and Charlton Bagnas (Assistant Branch Manager)
RBC Bank Regent
– Hosted by Dalagita 2018 winner – Joyze Colada
– Julia Lim, JCI Certified Life and Executive Coach
– Judianne Jayme (Founder Dalagita
– KC Salazar, First Filipino Junior Miss Galaxy Canada 2019
– Lourdes Federis, Organizer of B2BPRENEUR Children’s Christmas Market and coordinator in Winnipeg
– Ting Mallari, Owner/Planner at True LifeHouse Financial; Mortgage Agent at Bayfield Mortgage Professionals