Travelling to distant places, trying death-defying stunts and eating exotic food are only a few of the items usually listed in a bucket list. But have we ever tried listing simple things that can give us a spiritually enhancing experience as well as benefit not only ourselves but also other people?
Our bucket list for this Year of Mercy:
1. May we be one in love and in service
2. May we be merciful
3. May we live in peace based on justice and love
4. May we continue to hand over the Legacy of Faith and Legacy of Love of God to our younger generations
5. May families find time to pray together
6. May we always thank God for the gift of migration
7. May we all mature in faith
8. May we be friendly with one another – especially when driving
9. May we think less of ourselves and more of others – let us park our cars properly
10. May we be good stewards of God’s gifts to us – let us use our credit cards wisely
May God bless our families with prosperity, constant growth in love, harmony and true joy – now and forever.
– Rev. Msgr. Enrique M. Samson, Jr.
St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church