Our Financial Services Officer Trainee will become a primary member of our sales and service teambuilding client relationships through opening new member accounts, cross selling a wide range of retail lending, deposit and banking products and services. They are the people our members meet with to discuss their financial needs and because our service is what sets us apart, having a professional, friendly and dedicated team is important to us.
As our Financial Services Officer Trainee you will:
• Strive to demonstrate leadership and sales professionalism as you work toward gaining the knowledge and experience to proactively promote, sell and deliver a full range of retail banking products and services that meet the needs of members.
• Contribute to the achievement of branch and service market area objectives relating to growth.
• Provide service excellence to members.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships, participate in Cambrian hosted staff events and is involved in marketing related business development activities.
What this role requires of you:
• Completion of post‐secondary education in business or commerce (or equivalent experience in retail lending and financial services).
• Minimum two years of retail financial success required.
• Knowledge of various product offerings within the financial services market, standard credit practices, retail lending and deposit services.
• Achievement oriented with high emphasis towards goal attainment and quality service.
• Critical thinker who analyzes information and uses logic to address issues, problems and challenges.
• Disciplined self starter who works effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work well in an environment with multiple and often changing priorities.
• Successful completion of the CFP (Certified Financial Planner), CSC (Canadian Securities Course) or IFIC (Investment Funds Institute of Canada) program is a definite asset.
• PC proficiency essential.
CAMBRIAN CREDIT UNION:
We are a leader in the financial services industry with assets in excess of 2 billion. Established in 1959, we have grown to be one of the largest credit unions servicing Winnipeg and Selkirk. We are thrilled to be able to serve our 60,000 plus members with a full range of affordable financial services and are committed to building strong financial foundations in our community.
We are proud of our core values; values that guide the work we do and the service we provide for our members. These values are:
• Integrity and honesty
• Member focused
• Community involvement
• Innovative spirit
With a local corporate office and a network of 11 branches that includes commercial, brokerage and virtual banking divisions, we are an organization that believes strongly in developing and supporting our employees. We would love for you to give us the opportunity to tell you more. Apply today!
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to www.hr.cambrian.mb.ca.