Community »

Impossible is Nothing:

Impossible is Nothing:

A true story about a dream turning into reality By: Linger Ann Aragon They say that how you feel when you wake up in the morning determines how you deal with the rest of

Read More »
Emma Ibanez crowned as OFSAM’s Queen Valentine 2011

Emma Ibanez crowned as OFSAM’s Queen Valentine 2011

Queen Valentine Emma Ibanez takes the centre stage with the officers and members of the Original Filipino Seniors Association of Manitoba (OFSAM) during the yearly celebration of Valentine’s Day last Febuary

Read More »
CKJS Going Home Contest winner

CKJS Going Home Contest winner

On April 9th, hundreds flocked to the Garden City Shopping Centre for the CKJS Radio’s “You Can Go Home Again” contest grand draw. Listeners from the different language programs of the station participate in

Read More »
Winnipeg Baby and Kids Show

Winnipeg Baby and Kids Show

Would you like to have a portrait of your child dressed as an enchanted fairy? Did you know that you can have your ultrasound broadcast so that your family back home can see your

Read More »
PCCM Board of Director’s Inauguration Gala

PCCM Board of Director’s Inauguration Gala

The new PCCM Board of Directors for 2011-2012 were inducted last month at the PCCM MPR. The PCCM board consists of President : Mr. Lito Taruc; Vice President : Mr. Emilio Oquendo Jr.; Treasurer:

Read More »
More Festival du Voyageur Photos

More Festival du Voyageur Photos

Christine Quiapon along with family and friends birthday celebration at Festival du Voyageur. The Filipino Journal surprised Christine with a 10-pack of Festival du Voyageur day passes for their participation in a front-cover photo

Read More »
Happy 5th Birthday Aliyah Faith!

Happy 5th Birthday Aliyah Faith!

To you my loving daughter, it’s been a true blessing in my life to watch you grow. I want you to remember mommy is always here for you and that I love you very

Read More »
Asher Clark is born

Asher Clark is born

Family and friends especially parents Fernan

Read More »
Maria Aragon meets Lea Salonga, performs “Part of your world.”

Maria Aragon meets Lea Salonga, performs “Part of your world.”

YouTube singing sensation Maria Aragon impressed her idol singer-actress Lea Salonga when the two met each other at The Inn at the Forks last March 17. Aragon, now also known as Baby Gaga due

Read More »
Manitoba Filipino Business Council – February Wine & Cheese

Manitoba Filipino Business Council – February Wine & Cheese

The MFBC held their monthly wine & cheese event at River City Stone with Keynote Speaker Eva Gaudette of Gaudette Elvers LLP. To find out about upcoming events, please visit their website – www.MFBC.ca

Read More »