Community »

MCCFA together with Mayor Brian Bowman holds flag raising ceremony to celebrate the 120th Philippine Independence

MCCFA together with Mayor Brian Bowman holds flag raising ceremony to celebrate the 120th Philippine Independence

Mayor Brian Bowman with the officers and members of MCCFA and OFSAM, Letty Duque Antonio, OFSAM president and immediate president of MCCFA; Julie Javier, president of MCCFA and member of the City of Winnipeg

Read More »
DALAGITA 2018:  2nd Annual Scholarship Night

DALAGITA 2018: 2nd Annual Scholarship Night

On May 26th, 2018, Dalagita by Culture Card was proud to have hosted its 2nd annual Scholarship Gala in partnership with the Fairmont hotel in Winnipeg. Dalagita is a celebration of the Filipino community

Read More »
Celebrating 32nd Annual Teddy Bear Picnic

Celebrating 32nd Annual Teddy Bear Picnic

Thousands of kids and their stuffed teddy bears gathered at Assiniboine Park to celebrate at the annual Teddy Bear Picnic hosted by the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba. Over 50 tents offered family-friendly activities,

Read More »
Asian Canadian Festival “Under The Canopy” at the Forks

Asian Canadian Festival “Under The Canopy” at the Forks

Saturday, May 26 Here are the list of performers for the Asian Heritage celebrations at the Forks: XLion Dance, Friendly Chinese Fashion Show, Bollywood Fashion Show Hanfeng Chinese choir, Manitoba Great Wall Performing Arts,

Read More »
Manitoba Santacruzan 2018 Pre-Event Photoshoot

Manitoba Santacruzan 2018 Pre-Event Photoshoot

“What is Santacruzan Mommy?” an eight year old child asked her mom after I handed to her the tiara, my gift to her. I heard the same question at least 5 times when young

Read More »
Community Snapshots by Nonie Manalili

Community Snapshots by Nonie Manalili

Queen Bulilits Bibak Manitoba Boobsie Wonderland Vice Ganda Live in Winnipeg

Read More »
Asian Heritage celebration opens with the Provincial Proclamation of the Asian Heritage Month of May

Asian Heritage celebration opens with the Provincial Proclamation of the Asian Heritage Month of May

The official certificate of the Provincial Proclamation of the Asian Heritage Month of May was handed over by Hon. Cathy Cox, Minister of Sport, Culture and Heritage, to Art Miki, president of the Asian

Read More »
Live 2 Dance

Live 2 Dance

Read More »
Young Pinay is Winnipeg Jets Hockey Academy MVP

Young Pinay is Winnipeg Jets Hockey Academy MVP

By Leila Castro Leilacastro.ca@gmail.com “I was teary eyed when I heard that our last name was called.” Carlo Peregrino shares about the recently concluded sports league where his 12-year old daughter Margaret Peregrino bagged

Read More »
Yeng Constantino and Kristel Fulgar in Winnipeg

Yeng Constantino and Kristel Fulgar in Winnipeg

Phtoos by Bryan Mesias | Filipino Journal

Read More »