Local media personalities and celebrities came out to Kildonan Place to participate in Carving for a Cause 2017. The annual competition pairs carving teams with local charities.
The Filipino Journal’s uncle & nephew combination – Rod Cantiveros and Clarence Cantiveros carved out IT, also known as Pennywise the Clown and won as the scariest pumpkin in the fun-for-charity event.
Congratulations on judges’ choice winners – each of these teams will receive an extra $100 for their charity of choice, on top of the $100 we’re giving to each team for participating:
1. Cutest/Funniest – Now Country 104.7
2. Most “Interactive” – CKJS
3. The “Synergy” Award for Best Charity Tie-in: Johnny Colatruglio (Big Brother Canada)/ Team Patients First
4. Scariest – Filipino Journal
5. The “Inner Beauty” Award: 92 CITI FM
6. Most Creative – NCI-FM
Kildonan Place will donate 10 cents per vote on every photo to the teams’ chosen cause. The photo that receives the most “likes” by 10pm on October 31 will receive an extra $500 for their cause! The Filipino Journal photo recieved over 200 likes and the unofficial winner with over 1000 likes on thier photo was 92 Citi, Karly & Rena supporting Manitoba Mutts Dog Rescue.